The inaccessible web: how we got into this mess uxdesign.cc/the-inaccessible-web-how-we-got-into-this-mess-7cd3460b8e32
- We can (and do) learn to make websites without learning accessibility
- We’re not held accountable for inaccessible products
- Assumptions guide us astray
- The legislation doesn’t tell us what to do
- New trends push technology into untested territory
The article is a great analysis of often invisible biases affecting how websites are built today – and it leads straight to very concrete steps to improve the situation, among which the maybe most important:
[…] identify the perceptions you need to change: that accessibility is only for accessibility specialists, or that it’s not important, or that no one will notice, or that it’s too much effort, or that it doesn’t matter.