The IoT Design manifesto aims to set guidelines for responsible design in a connected world:
- We don’t believe the hype
- We design useful things
- We aim for the Win-Win-Win
- We keep everyone and every thing secure
- We build and promote a culture of privacy
- We are deliberate about what data we collect
- We make the parties associated with an IoT product explicit
- We empower users to be the masters of their own domain
- We design things for their lifetime
- In the end, we are human beings.
With the possibilities of interconnected things comes their inevitable impact on people's lives. Responsible design is not bad business, it should be at the core of it.